If you’re too busy to attend traditional courses our online program is designed for you.
Why Online Learning?
Online study fits into your schedule. You can log on from home or your work and learn at the time that’s convenient. Most courses can be completed in six weeks. All you have to do is log into your online classroom when you are good and ready.
Our online courses are offered in conjunction with the world’s leading online learning provider Education To Go. Operating internationally through more than 1,800 universities and colleges ed2go offer a wide range of highly interactive courses that you can take entirely over the Internet.
All ed2go courses include expert instructors, many of whom are national or internationally known authors. UWA Extension is very pleased to offer online learning with ed2go.
Selecting a course
Access our Online Information Centre and browse the courses. You can choose a category and browse or search by keyword.
If you’ve found a course you’re interested in you can click on Learn More and then on each of the headings to view the syllabus, the instructor’s biography, any requirements for the course or reviews from people who have taken the course.
Once you have selected your course click on Enroll Now and follow the on-screen instructions.
Our courses are conducted through an online classroom. You will need to go to this classroom to obtain your lessons, work through tutorials, take quizzes, complete assignments, participate in discussions with your fellow students, and ask questions of your instructor.
All instructor-led courses run for six weeks, with a possible 10-day extension period at the end, and most take an average of 24 hours to complete. One lesson is released every Wednesday and Friday for the six-week duration of the course. You do not have to be present when lessons are released, and you will have access to all lessons until the course ends.
At the end of the course, and providing you obtain a score exceeding 64% in your final multiple choice exam, you will be offered the opportunity to download and print an Online Certificate.
If you’re ready to jump to course selection, you can browse what’s on offer and start using it now.
Important notes, terms and conditions
- Please note that payment may only be made by Visa or Mastercard Credit or Debit Card and in US dollars.
- Payment is made directly to Education To Go in US dollars. For this reason we cannot provide an Australian Tax Invoice for enrolment in an online course.
- As our online courses are run in conjunction with our US partners, the dates and times are stated in US Eastern Standard Time. For West Australian participants, please add 13 hours to the stated times.
- Please make sure that you are ready to take the course. Courses should be completed during the two-week period following release of the final lesson by completing the final exam. If it is necessary, students can apply online for an extension of no more than 10 days from that time. It is not our policy to grant extensions and transfers beyond this time as this incurs significant costs.
- Please note that once a course fee has been paid and the course has started, it will not be possible to postpone the course or cancel and refund.
For more information access the Help page from the Online Information Centre.